Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Rainbow Holiday Fair

Ok, Ok, I have to give Ft. Lauderdale a little credit after blasting it with yesterday’s blog. I won’t take the back the fact that the AC in the office is not only freezing the mold out, but my brains as well, however once I left the office last night, the day was saved.

As I walked back to the hotel and wondered what I would do with myself that night:
Option A: Workout/Eat Dinner/Watch TV;
Option B: Don’t workout/Eat Dinner/Watch TV – but then how to kill the additional time?

I was pleased to discover a small street fair right in front of my hotel. Ultimately I was dying to go for Option B anyway, and this gave me an out from the workout, as well as killed time. There weren’t many booths, but the shops were still open and they were serving some food on the street. To be honest it probably was the most sparsely filled street fair (called “Christmas on Las Olas”) that I have ever seen, but there were a lot of people milling about, and four stages for entertainment. I think that almost every elementary school choir in town was performing, as well as other quality entertainment such as the Freedom Flamingo Band, Lambda Choir, and Pioneer Bell Ringers. Really. No Kidding.

So, that was my evening – I spent it wandering around Las Olas street, checking out the quaint shops and listening to some local entertainment along the way. After awhile I left the main street to find a restaurant for dinner that was less crowded and then ultimately ended my evening watching TV in the hotel room.

Ah…business travel…how do people do this all the time?

2 comments:

sactownkid said...

sound fun! have a safe flight back!

Swiss Miss said...

Hey there... I'm glad to see that Florida did not disappoint! Too bad I wasn't there to show you around town, although I've never had the pleasure of hearing the Freedom Flamingo Band play!