Thursday, November 03, 2005

Moving Day

OK, I'll admit it. I'm a clutter-bug. Anyone who has ever lived with me can attest to that. I try to straighten, but I think I need to stop fighting it. I just like to have everything close at hand. At work I am the same way. Sure, I have files, and file drawers...but if I'm working on projects, I like to have everything on top of the desk so I can quickly grab it.

However, during my spare time over the last few weeks, I cleaned out everything...on top of the desk, inside the desk...I made nice labels...yes, I geeked out. I also threw out about as much as I kept, so when it came time to pack and move desks, it took about ½ hour to pack, and ½ hour to unpack.

I am now sitting at my new desk, enjoying the cleanliness of it. I know where everything is, and it is all tucked neatly away.

Of course, I know this won’t last. When the work starts coming – the desk will get messier, and I’m just going to accept it. But the great thing is, for the first time – my desk is tucked away from the rest of the department – so now I don’t have to endure the comments from others. Let the clutter begin!

1 comment:

sactownkid said...

Hey, it's only a mess to other people -- YOU know where everything is!! :) Congrats on mastering the clutter, if only for a moment.