Thursday, November 10, 2005

Seasons of Love

I am getting really excited about my show this Saturday. “Broadway’s Greatest Moments” – a fundraiser performance for the local theater. In “Big Spender” I have moved on from doing cheesy 80’s poses, and am instead brandishing a riding crop whip. The guy who originally told me he could picture me in Fame is now scared by my dominatrix style impression of a ‘hard chick’, and yet also hopes I’m wearing leather this coming Saturday. And no – this guy is not my husband! (Nor is he even straight for that matter).

It is so fun to be able to act like someone completely different and see the reactions of the people around me. I’m a little concerned that some of the others in the show who don’t know me at all, think that I’m not acting, but am like this all the time at home. And yet, that too is funny in its own way. It also might be a little unnerving if I look out in the audience on Saturday with a scowl on my face and a whip in hand to see my mom, cousin, aunt and uncle gaping back at me with open mouths. “What has become of my daughter??”

Don’t worry Mom, I make it up in the end of the show with my “sweet” solo. I can’t believe it – they actually gave me a singing solo. And last night they switched it up on me, so now I not only have one whole singing line, but two! I’m telling you I’ve got mad singing skillz. Or perhaps it’s the fact that I carry the whip, and the guy I mention above is the music director… "give me a solo dammit!"

Either way, I’m glad for the challenge, and although there’s a possibility I will flop on Saturday, I’ve got a back-up plan: I will smack the ass of the 100 lb. 5 ft tall woman next to me, tell the skinny bitch to stay away from my Big Spender, scowl, and storm off stage. Now that’s acting.

2 comments:

Manoa Missy said...

Does Mr. Mingle let you "practice" your lines at home, props included??

Ride 'em, cow girl!

mingle said...

Ohhhh, I would definitely like you to wear leather this Saturday!