Thursday, November 17, 2005

Kids these days

I took a kid aside during band rehearsal the other night and yelled at him. It was the most outwardly angry I’ve been towards a kid. First I tried to reason with him…”Do you understand you are at a rehearsal?” “Do you understand everyone around you is playing and yet you are not?” “Do you understand that you are annoying the people next to you who are trying to play?” To all questions, he responded with a smart-ass “yeesss”. At which point I yelled “Grow up! GROW UP!”. I even tried to intimidate him with my one-foot height and 50 lb. weight difference by looking down on him. It was so effective that he was caught screwing around again not 15 minutes later and was told to run a lap by another instructor. I’m so glad I made an impression…

No comments: