Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What's in a Name?

Today I came to work thinking, “why do I have to go to work??” I’m still in limbo as to what it is I’m supposed to be doing here. However, today, there was a significant difference from yesterday. Today, I laughed hard. All day – just giggled. You see, I finally changed to my married name in the corporate email system. Why is this funny you wonder?

The usual set up is: New Last Name (Maiden Name), First Name. However, the IT guy who assisted me changed my name to:

Ingle, MIngle

Yes, if anyone were to actually look for me in the Outlook Global Address Book, they would see Ingle, Mingle. This had me distraught for a few minutes when I realized that the few emails I still receive, would decrease even more if people can’t find me in the address book. I called right away and asked them to change it – and they did – it appears correctly in the address book now. However, whenever I send an email it still says it’s from Ingle, Mingle. And when I login – it says Ingle, Mingle too. My old coworkers are laughing their asses off and are grateful this has happened in time for the holidays. They like to sing “Ingle Bells, Ingle Bells, Mingle all the waaayyy….”

So, now I know why I came to work today -- even if I don’t have any work to do, at least I can still make people laugh.

No comments: