Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Only 5,000 more push-ups to go...

Today I started Boot Camp. No, I did not join the army, however I did sign on with a personal trainer through our gym here at work and am in a 5 week class called "Boot Camp". There are 3 of us women who have agreed to meet twice a week in order to give a fourth woman the opportunity to torture us. And we're paying for it!

I was really nervous prior to this morning's session because I knew she was going to kick my ass, but I survived. I certainly feel like I got a workout, but I also feel like she went "easy" on us since it was our first day - and now I'm dreading Thursday's session. Not only do I think it will be harder, but I'll still be sore from today. We ran, did jumping jacks, push-ups, dips, lunges, sit-ups, crunches, weights - she basically kept us moving for an hour.

The most difficult part was that she wouldn't exactly tell us how many reps we were doing until we were half way into something. For example with running...she said "start running". Of course we all wanted to know how fast, and for how long. So she said "at your own pace", then 2 minutes into it she said "for 12 minutes" (at which point we judge, can I hold this pace for 12 minutes??). And similar with the push-ups..."start doing push-ups", at which point we judge, should I do these quickly? slowly? go all out? when will she say stop?!
I'd like to say I'm going to lose weight because of this, but to be honest I'm just happy to head into the Holiday Season of Eating knowing that I'm exercising. I don't have any plans to change my diet too.
One great thing about the work-out this morning is that I really feel more energized then I have in awhile. However, that may also be because they announced bonuses today. Can anyone say SHOPPING?

1 comment:

sactownkid said...

Ooh bonuses. I remember those good ole days. Have fun shopping! And way to go on the boot camp!