Friday, November 04, 2005

Ring dammit Ring

First of all, it must be said, Happy Friday! I love Fridays.

Long gone are the Fridays where I would look forward to a late night out with friends and maybe some dancing. Nowadays, a favorite Friday consists of an easy dinner (preferably one that I don't have to cook) and a rented movie. aahh...relaxation. Don't get me wrong...I still appreciate a wild Friday night as well. But when the work week winds down at 5pm, and there’s a busy weekend ahead, a quiet Friday is bliss.

However, as this blog points out, I cannot exactly complain about a super busy work week to wind down from. Today I literally found myself willing the phone to ring. But this time it was different (then the last 30 days). Now I have been given a project. My department wants me to go to Florida in 2 weeks. Why - you might ask? Well..that was the problem...I wasn't too sure. Something about automating something else. And I had set up an appointment to talk to the "one person with all the answers". I was just waiting for her to call.

Happily, she called, and shed a little light on this project 'o mine. However, the "one person with all the answers" prefaced the call with, and I quote from her email, "Just so you know, there's not much info to share yet!"

Oh, the joys of Fridays....

No comments: