Friday, September 29, 2006

No Joke

I wasn't kidding when I wrote The Cast Off and to prove it, here is the email that Ms. Random sent out to everyone today:

"Yep, this is the day you have all been waiting for. I've put out markers just inside my cube and my old cast is waiting for YOUR signature. It presently comes in two pieces so two people may sign it at one time! No words of wisdom are necessary, just YOUR signature. Once this work of art is completed, it will reside in my cube as a flower vase. Come one, come all. If I missed anyone that interacts with [Our Group], please let me know. If you were out of town when I sent this, come on over when you return. The more signatures and color on the CAST of characters, the more beautiful it will be. Don't make me come to you - because I will!"

Right now, I am very, very frightened....a flower vase??!!

4 comments:

Kid said...

OMG. Boycott the signing and have some Lysol ready if she comes to you. Good luck Mingle.

Mrs Mingle said...

I am so loving the picture Kid!!

Mrs Mingle said...

As a follow-up to this story, Ms. Random brought her cast to a meeting and made us sign it. She literally set it in my lap and gave me a pen(yuck!). This funny girl then announced that she would bring in a band-aid next week for everyone to sign. Some of us laughed because we got the joke.

Ms. Random responded, "a band-aid is not big enough for everyone's signature."

Swiss Miss said...

OMG is right!!! Is this girl for real?????