Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Cubicle Saga

Thursday:
My boss tells me that I am supposed to be sitting in a cubicle in the corner where another guy (the English Guy) is currently located. He is supposed to be moving to the other suite (where I am temporarily located). The woman I am supposed to sit next to, shadow, and train with says that the English Guy will probably be very excited to move.

Friday:
A random employee tells me that "No" I will not be getting the English Guy's cube because he doesn't want to move. According to her, she is moving to a different cube, and I will get her old cube.
Later I mention to my boss that I am getting conflicting information about where I am to sit. She tells me that the random employee is wrong and that she will be sorting this out with the CFO who is supposed to tell the English Guy he's moving. Later in the day the boss tells me that the English guy will be told on Tuesday that he needs to vacate his cube by Wednesday.

Monday:
Holiday

Tuesday:
The CFO stops by to apologize for the delay and explains that he's "sorry that I don't have my permanent space yet. A couple of people didn't show up for work so they didn't feel they could be evicted from their cubes until they saw them face to face." He thinks I should be in my space by Thursday.

Wednesday:
No word.

Thursday:
Random employee shows up to tell me that I should be sure to take the chair I'm currently sitting in. She explains that I should quietly remove it from the suite I am in to the other suite where the cube is. I explain to her that I have already placed an order for a proper office chair because I don't really want to continue sitting in the 80s style kitchen chair with the wooden arms and no wheels. But thanks anyway. Random then says that "they" are on the case, and are trying to get me my cube (aka her old cube). My boss comes out and says that Random is incorrect and well.. go away.

Friday:
Considering it's only Thursday, I can't comment yet. But my boss is now officially out of the office until September 20.

No mention of whether the English guy has actually been told to move yet, and frankly I haven't even met the poor guy. I'm afraid to since I feel like he's going to hate me. Anyone want to take bets on when I'll actually get my permanent home away from home?

4 comments:

Swiss Miss said...

Hhhmmmm.... that is a tough one. I say by NEXT Friday... (Hopefully!) ;)

Swiss Miss said...

HEY! My picture comes up when I post... how about that! :)

sactownkid said...

I'm thinking you go to Amazon and review the classic "How to draw a radish and other fun things to do at work." It sounds like it will come in handy. Good luck!

Mrs Mingle said...

I'm so honored to have Janackass join the clan! Nice pic Swiss Miss - all your others are making me jealous as well. :)