Monday, September 25, 2006

The Cast Off

One of my coworkers, Ms. Random, had a cast on her leg, from just below her knee down over her foot when I first started working here. Then last week it was removed and replaced with a soft cast. She wanted to keep the cast, so that now, people can sign it. She said that they cut out all of the innards– and now it’s mainly just the hard outside. As I walked by her desk just now I saw that it is sitting on the desk. Personally I find this gross – is it just me? She was walking around in the cast for 6 weeks, and now it’s sitting on her desk. I don’t care if the stinky insides are gone – it’s dirty. I would never even throw dirty socks that I wore for an hour on my desk, even if “my foot only touches the inside”. Tell me, does this seem strange to anyone else?

3 comments:

Kid said...

It's gross.

Perhaps you can write that on the cast?

Swiss Miss said...

I agree... cast on desk is not a good thing.

mingle said...

Putting your used cast on the desk is basically putting a used band-aid on the desk.