Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Boy Babies

I’m concerned for the next generation. And no…not for the obvious reasons... war, global warming, etc.. I’m concerned that there won’t be enough boys in this world. Over the weekend I made a startling realization – of all the friends I have with children, they are all girls. Wait, does that make grammatical sense? Some of my friends are men, but all of their children are girls. Oh.. whatever… my point is that I don’t know a single boy child. But I do know 7 girls all under the age of 5. Not to mention another friend just had a newborn who is not included in the 7 (because I haven’t met her) and yet another friend is going to have a girl. What if all of these cute little girls grow up and there are no boys to date? Oh sure, their dads will be happy, but just think!

When I made this realization over the weekend, I told Mr. Mingle that R & J have to have a boy next, and then told him about my discovery. To which he replied, “Wait…you want R & J to have a boy, so you will know a boy baby? Doesn’t that sound a little selfish, and frankly weird?” Well, OK, so maybe he did have a point, but still how many boys and girls do all of you know?? I’m sure that there is going to be a huge majority of women walking this earth in the future. Wait a minute…maybe that isn’t such a bad thing afterall…

4 comments:

Mrs Mingle said...

One correction - of course I know one boy child - Z-Handsome...but he's a little older then the baby age-bracket I'm thinking of...

sactownkid said...

Don't worry, all those girl babies will grow up and STILL find a date faster than I....:) It seems like there are lots of boy babies around here so maybe it's a Bay Area thing, though the last two friends who gave/who are giving birth had/are having girls!

Costa Rica Chica said...

boy babies pee up in the air. But then again, girl babies explode in their diapers. I think more people should get dogs. Or nice cars and let me borrow them. When people have babies, I think their fun factor drops significantly. And since you can be self-centered til you have kids, I really have to think how this will effect me.

Kid said...

Lesbians are kinda cool. ;)

Fun Factor: it doesn't drop it changes. One exchanges whisky guzzling for bedtime stories, Brokeback Mountain for Bambi, and dinner parties for sleepovers. It's all good (except Brokeback Mountain).

Final note: dogs rule.