Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Banality of Work

A typical IM conversation that occured with one of my old co-workers today
(I sure do miss them)

Mingle: hey there
Ex Coworker/Friend: hi
Mingle: I have something for you
Ex Coworker/Friend: ooh goody
Mingle: yes, it's VERY big
Ex Coworker/Friend: what? what???
Mingle: and...let's just say it has something to do with Peet's
Ex Coworker/Friend: (gasp!)
Mingle: a..
Mingle: 50
Mingle: cent
Mingle: giftcard!!
Ex Coworker/Friend: ooooooh!!!!
Mingle: (and don't spend it all in one place)
Ex Coworker/Friend: how exactly, did you come by such a wondrous gift?
Mingle: well...someone else gave me the giftcard to Peet’s so, I went there and asked them (with eager excitement) “how much does this have??”
Mingle: imagining a latte...
Mingle: and she said…
Mingle: “$2.00”
Mingle: so.. I got a small coffee, and then thought I'd save the rest to share the wealth with you
Ex Coworker/Friend: aw shucks!!!!
Ex Coworker/Friend: thank you!!!!
Ex Coworker/Friend: $2 is pretty paltry
Mingle: (I was just hoping for $5)
and so it went... on and on...

1 comment:

Costa Rica Chica said...

I love IM convos. It was all I could do to contain my snorts of laughter in the old cubes of times gone by. The thing that is the best about my job is that I can IM and sinice the kids can't read, I can type all kinds of things in front of them. So I don't really push the whole "reading" thing until very late in the year.