Thursday, April 17, 2014

#tbt: Easters Gone By

-->
I remember Easter holidays from my childhood being a very fun occasion.  It was the only day of the year that I recall still wearing pretty dresses even at an age when I still can remember wearing those pretty dresses…   My grandparents, parents and aunts and uncles would throw big parties where the focal point was an Easter Egg Hunt.  At least that was my cousins and my focal point of the parties.   As I got a little older, we decided to have the Easter parties at Grandma and Grandpa’s house on Saturdays instead of on Sunday so that nobody had to worry about going to work the next day.   For a period of time, they had a house that had a swimming pool, a pool table and a ping pong table and those were the best times.  There were so many fun things to play.  It didn’t matter if Easter fell in March or April, Grandma would heat up that pool so much that it could have been summer time.   One of the favorite Easters that I can remember was when my uncle made all my cousins and I stilts.  Wooden Stilts.   We had an egg hunt (where at least one egg was always hidden in the pool), went swimming and walked on stilts.  I don’t remember the year, or what age I was, but boy was that fun. (I wish I still had those stilts…).  

I tried to find pictures from that Easter, but couldn’t locate them just now.  I did however find a couple of pictures from Easter in the 70s.   A time when I was too young to recall the days myself, but I sure love seeing the pictures.

Happy Easter to All!

1978 - Wasn't my mom's outfit awesome?

1979 - My Cousin and I holding our Easter Loot

No comments: