Wednesday, April 09, 2014

A Funky Facebook Post

Last night I was feeling in a 'funk'.  I'm not exactly sure why since I actually had quite a good day.  I had met with some recruiters in the morning and then in the afternoon the kids and I met up with a very good friend of mine visiting from England.  From there Mr. Mingle met us and we had dinner.   But, then we got home, fought the kids to bed, and I thought, "now what?".   I didn't know what to do with myself so I blindly watched a little TV.  I was upstairs and my husband was downstairs on the computer.  TV was not satisfying me so I thought I'd check in on FB via my phone.  I was surprised to find I had 9 notifications.   What was everyone commenting on??  I clicked on the notifications and found they were all commenting on my status.  What status? I hadn't posted any status recently.  And then I saw it....  grand old hubby had logged in as me and posted on my behalf.  Not only that, but he was then continuing to have a conversation between his FB login and my FB login.   Friends who I hadn't heard from in years were commenting, others were sending private messages...   I quickly posted something, but then realized he was still downstairs having this FB conversation between two IDs.   And every time I thought to post something, he already had, as "me".   I just started laughing almost to tears watching this unfurl in front of me.  I did chime in a couple of times, but overall, he was doing a pretty good job on his own.   Finally though, scared of where this might lead, I came downstairs to make him stop.  He too was laughing himself to tears.   It's rare when we do something to crack ourselves up to that point.   From there, friends continued to comment and send messages..

I have to say, the whole thing certainly worked to get me out of my funk!   Now I'm thinking of old marching instructors thanks to Derek, 8th grade Hawaii trip thanks to Kate, many virtual hugs, and an offer of a beer.   Oh, and some pick-me-ups in Japanese and Spanish as well.  Thanks friends!  And, most of all, thanks Mr. Mingle!  

The following is the conversation that occurred with my follow-up comments. (Last names deleted)

Facebook Post from the evening of April 8:
Feeling in a funk, could use some love.
Like · · Share    14 others like this.
  • Robyn Love.

  • Derrek I love you Meghan! Think about Gino! It works for me. [So nice.. I probably haven't talked to Derrek since 1992]

  • Robyn When the dog bites. When the bee stings. When I'm feeling sad I think of ...well, I think about strong drinks and Indian food. [I would have "liked" this, but Matthew already did, on my behalf]

  • Meghan Thanks guys, I'm fine. My husband got into my account and posted. I'm fine, appreciate the love. [this is still not me posting]

  • Matthew What a weird thing to post. [yes, MATTHEW, I agree, what a WEIRD thing to post.]

  • Robyn Boo Matt

  • Meghan Yeah, not very nice.

  • Susan aishiteru [Japanese]

  • Meghan  Thanks Robin, he's my third child! [This was posted by Matt, who wrote back to a different Robin, then the friend from above, but yes, he's my third child]

  • Matthew Sorry honey, you just seemed down. Wanted to send some love your way.

  • Nilanjan The subtlety of the trolling is what made it a success! [Don't encourage him]

  • Meghan Goofball.

    [At this point is the first time I logged into my account to see what was going on.  All Meghan posts above were done by Matt]

  • Derrek At least I got to say Gino.

  • Susan I still love you

  • Meghan  Thanks guys. Good to know, whatever my husband does, I still have friends.

  • Meghan  Omg Matthew, log out of my account [This was my first comment as myself]

  • Matthew  Right?

  • Susan  Lol

  • Meghan Seriously.

  • Meghan How are we married?

  • Matthew  That's a little harsh.

  • Meghan But hey, now I'm thinking of Gino. Thanks Derrek! Lol [The second comment as myself.  Notice how Matt continues to converse between the "Matthew" and "Meghan" IDs.]

  • Leslie  #facejack

  • Meghan And no, Matthew, not at all harsh. Get off.

  • Derrek Told you it works

  • Matthew  Total Mrs. Doubtfire situation going one here. Whose wig slips first?

  • Meghan Not cool. My friends not amused.

  • Meghan  Matthew !!! Get OFF [This was me too.  I didn't know how or what to say since he was already posting as me.   A FB Monster was born]

  • Meghan I'm not forgiving you for bringing the petting zoo to our son's birhday party!

  • Matthew  "birhday party"? your sub-trolling is no very successful. I am, if anything, anal about my spelling!
     
  • Meghan Enough! I just posted about feeling bad and then my whole feed gets highjacked.

  • Meghan I don't even know how to combat this. You're using two FB accounts to argue with yourself Matthew. Goofball. Oh wait - you already called yourself that earlier [This was me, but not the above few.  I don't even need to be a part of the conversations.  He'll just converse for me]

  • Meghan Will the real Slim Shady please stand up? [This was me]

  • Derrek Maybe y'all should go on a date.

  • Matthew  They may take our lives, but they'll never take our... FREEDOM! [Now I'm afraid he's really going off the deep-end...]

  • Matthew   Gross. [No date for you]

  • Jessica  Sending you a hug Meghan [comments continue to come...]

  • Rick  time to change the password. [He knows both of us too well]

  • Donna  Sending you a big hug!!

  • Matthew  Ultimately, we'll never know the full story of what went on tonight. That. Is lost to the ages. What we do know is that [Sorry Dear, the secret is out]

  • Steve  ...and we don't even know that

  • Paula  I love this post [you clearly read all the comments]

  • Chelsea  [she sent hearts (thanks!) but they don't copy and paste]

  • Allison  Abrazos de Varsovia! [I don't know what this means, but I'll take it!]

  • Kate  Thinking about our Hawaii trip always makes me smile. ; ) [Be careful... I do still have videos from those days... ;)]

  • Kristen  Funny. Glad you are feeling up

  • Lori  always got somelove for tool time!

  • Armando  I've been, too. let me know if you want to have a beer after work. [yes, PLEASE]

No comments: