Thursday, February 02, 2006

My New Role Model

Someone gave me make-up for Christmas because this particular brand is supposed to be very good for the skin, so good in fact that you don’t even have to wash it off at night. It’s nice to know someone is looking out for my skin, and my laziness. (Note – I do wash it off at night…) Anyway, this make-up is called Bare Minerals, and I can say that it seems to be working. I’m not sure that anyone can tell that I wear make-up on a daily basis, however hopefully, they also can’t see my blemishes as easily – after all, that’s really the point. Also, my skin seems to be happy with this new change and that is also a plus.

When I received the Bare Minerals kit, it came with 4 pots of powder, 3 brushes, and a “how-to” DVD. I’m not usually one to watch How-To Videos, and can honestly say I’ve never seen one about putting on make-up, but I thought, “what the heck?” and stuck it in the DVD player one day after Christmas. I sat there and watched the President (aka Senior Mucky-Muck) introduce her line of make-up and explain how it will “change your life” and then she introduced the two people who would help her show me how to apply the make-up. I was watching these two women apply their make-up and gush over how great it is when it struck me - I went to High School with one of them! When I knew her, her name was Angie (it’s Angela on the DVD), and she graduated in my class. At first I wasn’t 100% sure that it was Angie, but there were so many similarities it was hard to believe that it wasn’t her. I pulled out my yearbook, and sure enough, it was the same girl. I mean exactly the same… And, I had to admit, that was a selling point for me to try this make-up…10 years later (this was a recent video)…and this girl still looked exactly the same way she did in HS. Her skin was beautiful.

But, what was not a selling point was the fact that a few days later, when I asked Mr. Mingle what he thought of my new make-up he replied, “It looks great – you look just like Angela!” We all grow up with visions of how we want to look, or who we wish people would compare us to, but to have those models change from Angelina Jolie to Angie from High School…well, gee, my dream has come true at last…

1 comment:

sactownkid said...

I use bare minerals and LOVE IT. I get it from QVC and Sephora. Good stuff, fun eye shadow.