Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Mingle First


In all my life, I can never remember a time when we had the Christmas tree up and decorated any earlier then a week or two before Christmas. I knew that there were families out there who started decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving, but frankly, I thought they were a little crazy…

This year however, after hosting Thanksgiving at our house, Mr. Mingle and I were overcome with the holiday spirit. It started off when Mr. Mingle spent all day shopping downtown on the busiest shopping day of the year (I unfortunately had to work) and it didn’t push him over the edge. Instead, the two of us went back downtown the following day as well and bought some ornaments.

You see, this is the first year that we can actually have a full-size tree in our house, and we were very excited to put it up. We bought our tree last night, and as I write this blog now, it is already up and decorated!

I supposed if you also think, as I once did, that to decorate so soon is just plain crazy, then so be it. I will enjoy one full month of Christmas spirit, sipping spiked egg-nog, singing Christmas carols at the top of my lungs, and trying to put reindeer antlers on the cats. Of course, that is until we actually go away for Christmas, this year to Hawaii, where I doubt I’ll see much in the way of Christmas trees. Maybe Santa pulling a sleigh led by dolphins, but somehow, it’s just not the same.


I'll keep trying until Mini looks happy about it

Christmas 2004

Our old tree is one and half feet tall. Our new tree is over 6 feet!

4 comments:

Kid said...

wow Mr. Mingle enjoys shopping and Theater. No wonder Foss' friend "Steve" was all over him. ;)

Merry Christmas,

kid

Costa Rica Chica said...

That'd be the friend of B&E--not KF. Thanks for playing.
Good for you. Very impressive. Quesetion though--did you try and of the recipies before hand, or did you just go for it? How do you know what's good. Are you just supposed to take their word for it?

Swiss Miss said...

Love the antlers! You've reminded me that it's time for us to get our little tree from out of the basement and set it up. I just wish we had eggnog here... it's my favorite!

Happy holidays! :)

Mrs Mingle said...

We just picked the recipes that had ingredients that we liked, and didn't look overly difficult. I did have a moment of panic when I realized we were serving everyone food that we had never made before - but it worked out!