Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Six Frustrations

1 – The number of Casio keyboards stolen from my car
2 – The number of locks broken on my old car
3 – The number of windows broken on my cars
4 – The number of times Honda Betty was broken into
5 – The number of times I’ve had to pay to fix damage to cars broken into
6 – The number of times my car has been broken into

It’s true. I’ve waited a whole week to write this…I’ve been trying to let it go. But last Wednesday my car was broken into again. I was parked in the financial district of SF where they smashed my passenger side window, stole my CDs, half of a book on tape from the library, and a bag which had some of my favorite pants and shoes, and Jimmy Buffet concert tickets that my dad had given to me that day. Fortunately – the tickets, the most expensive item stolen, can be easily replaced. However, pants, shoes and some personal CDs cannot be. Neither can my frustration be assuaged as to why this continues to happen.

Ironically, I have married a man who has even worse luck with cars then I do. However this makes me feel neither better nor worse. Truthfully, at this point, it’s just bitterly humorous.

4 comments:

sactownkid said...

that sucks, meggie. you need a hummer. or maybe a tank. glad to hear you'll get new concert tixs.

Swiss Miss said...

Oh no!! Sorry to hear of your misfortunes.

Maybe you need a car that no one wants to break into, like my '84 Toyota Tercel. I left the keys on the front seat in plain view with the door unlocked for three days when I lived in Davis and nobody touched it...

I too am glad to hear that you can get your tickets replaced. What a bummer though!

Manoa Missy said...

That is some terrible mojo you and your hubby got going...

Are you trying to get into the Guinness Book of Records?

Mrs Mingle said...

Swiss Miss - your idea should make sense, but I wouldn't think anyone would want to break into a beat-up '94 saturn either. I think Manoa is right..it's the mojo. hmm..but a World Record...now maybe there is something good that could come out of this...