Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mingle iPod Meme

Inspired by Yay Toast , I decided to test the skills of my iPod in answering some questions about life. As Sactownkid explained, "you shuffle the songs in your iPod and use the resulting songs to answer the following questions, in the order in which they appeared". I found my iPod to be a little insightful, a little stubborn, and it also had a sense of humor. All things that are very important in any electronic gadget. However, one question it did not answer for me was this, "What is a meme??".

How does the world see you?
"Police and Thieves" Junior Murvin
(Hmm...does this mean that people have caught on?)

Will I have a happy life?
"Ice Cream" Lou Bega
(It always comes down to food)

What do my friends really think of me?
"Silent Sea" KT Tunstall
(Surprising - and here I thought I was one of the louder ones)

Do people secretly lust after me?
"Drive In, Drive Out" Dave Matthews Band
(Um..as in...pass right by?)

How can I make myself happy?
"Track 14", Unnamed
(Very funny iPod meme. It was a latin jazz tune - are you suggesting I join a mariachi band?)

What should I do with my life?
"Heal Over" KT Tunstall
(Deep - I need some time to contemplate this one)

Will I ever have children?
"Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)" Steve Harley
(Is that a yes?)

What is some good advice for me?
"Track 6" Unnamed
(Just give me some advice!!!)

How will I be remembered?
"Tempted" Squeeze
(By what?)

What is my signature dancing song?
"Right Place, Wrong Time" The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
(Can anyone say Running Man?)

What do I think my current theme song is?
"Let You Down" DMB
(And now, we take a turn towards depressing)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Gin and Juice", The Gourds
(Is this why I've "Let You Down"?)

What song will play at my funeral?
"The Sound of Silence" Simon and Garfunkel
(Enough said.)

What type of men do you like?
"I'm Only Thinking of Him," Man of La Mancha
(Mr. Mingle. Too sweet)

What is my day going to be like?
"Independent Women" Destiny's Child
(This is so very true when the hubby is working on the weekends!)

3 comments:

Manoa Missy said...

I've no clue about "meme" either...I think I might be behind the times... Keep up with the productive weekend.

Now, How do you get the two different colors, oh wise blogger?

My music is on my computer, though, which does have a shuffle component...I will perhaps give this a try.

Swiss Miss said...

Nice list! I too will give it a try!!

sactownkid said...

Love this game. And your signature dancing song. And your comments -- good add!