Thursday, December 15, 2005

Personal Bests

Today is a good day – it was my last day of Boot Camp. They had tested us in the first class to see how many push-ups we could do (53), how many sit-ups in 60 secs (30 or so) and how fast we could run a mile (over 10 minutes). Today we were tested again, and I’m proud to say that I improved! First I was able to run a mile in 9:25 – which for this non-runner girl, is an absolute record. Then I blew the other ladies in the class away by doing 63 push-ups. (Girl-style – knees on ground). And finally, the sit-ups improved marginally – I think it was around 36. But, overall it just felt so good to see a difference in just 5 short weeks.

Today is a great day – Mr. Mingle finished his last round of finals!! He will now hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Math and English (one of those fortunate souls who uses both sides of his brain). After watching him study so much and so faithfully, for the last couple of years, I’m really proud of his accomplishment. When I was in college, I never studied as hard as him – I can really tell how much he enjoys learning. He was even able to fend off my many attempts to distract him all this time. “Wanna Play? Wanna go on a hike? Wanna go to a movie? Wanna go to a party?” Or course, once in awhile I’d get him to cave, but for the most part he stuck to his guns – and kept at his work. So, Mr. Mingle, my hat goes off to you! “You Are the Wind Beneath my Wings” “We are the Champions” “Celebrate” and all that sappy stuff. I hope you will be able to take a deep breath after today, relax, and just appreciate what you have done.

I will try really hard to stave off the “Honey Do” list for a while to let you have a break. I will try. :)

No comments: