Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Step 2

After taking the initial steps of starting a blog, when you have nothing else to do - then the question begs - what do you write about?? I have nothing to do!

So, I will write about my cat.

I have a 5 and 1/2 month old kitten who we call "Mini-Z", or "Mini" for short. We call her this because she is a minature version of our older cat, "Zimby". Both are all black, with no distinguishing marks accept for the fact that Zimby's whiskers are now grey.

Back to Mini - up until about 2 days ago, I thought she was the cutest thing who could do no wrong. Even when she climbed up the curtains it was cute. (Because they are ugly and I hate them.) She is an indoor cat, who has decided, on her own accord, that she would now like to be an outdoor cat. We know this because she stands at the back-door and cries constantly. This big gutteral cry that makes even the other cat cringe. She's fixed too - so we can't blame it on the fact that she's in heat. Whenever heat is.

She took her desire to be an outdoor cat to new heights last night when I came home to find the screen to one of our windows broken and lying on the ground outside. It never once occured to me that someone might have broken into the house. Right away I just muttered to myself, "Mini...".

I had about a half second of concern when I thought she may have run away, when she skirted into the door the minute I unlocked it. It was questionable whether she was on the outside and came in with me (since I didn't see her), or whether she was waiting on the inside. However, considering she was covered in cobwebs and her tail was all fluffy from fright, I'm guessing she was out.

Our window screen is now broken completely in half and we can't open that window until it is fixed. And one question remains...do they sell Prozac for cats?

2 comments:

sactownkid said...

Ha! I would think you'd be used to dinged window screens, following the incident where you lost your keys and Matt climbed/fell through the window to get us in. : )

There is Prozac for kitties, it's called CATNIP. :) Doesn't work for Addy, but maybe it will work for Mini-Z!

Mrs Mingle said...

as a matter of fact...it was that same screen...