Monday, October 31, 2005

It's official!

I finally move to my new department this Thursday. All of my projects are still stalled, but at least they'll see me in person and maybe throw some scraps my way. It's gotten so bad that I have created Excel reports for my old department, "for fun".

However, today was really productive at work, despite the fact that my computer crashed and they took it completely away for an hour. I ordered a gift, mailed packages, figured out which wedding photos to copy, planned the calendar for the next musical I'm performing with.... I'm telling you - I can actually get quite a lot done when I'm not actually working! In fact, last Friday I worked from home and was able to accomplish a 2 and 1/2 hour nap!

It is Halloween and I am bummed that I have not seen a single person in costume. My company doesn't really allow that. But I guess in my own way, I am in costume, because I'm dressed as an employee. My desk even adds to the full effect, since I make sure that there are always papers and binders put out to make it appear that I am very busy if anyone were to walk by.

No comments: