Wednesday, October 26, 2005

...I'm going to live forever...

We started rehearsing for the "Hey Big Spender" number for the upcoming Best of Broadway show I'm performing in. Basically, the song is sung by prostitutes, and we were given the direction of, "you are a bunch of hard women". Great. We learned the dance on Monday which consists of us doing a lot of "sexy poses". Of course, if you know me, you also know that that is not really my forte. (Does anyone remember the "silly dancing" audition from a couple of years ago?) But this time, I decided to go for it, and I must admit it helps to be one of the youngest people on stage. Last time, during "silly dancing", I was the oldest, tallest, most uncoordinated one - so now - I feel like a princess! Um no... a hard, bad-ass chick, doing sexy poses.

Anyway, I'm getting into it and enjoying the song when the "real" dancers from the show go on break from another number and start watching us rehearse. One of them says to the others, "Check out Mingle's pose - I keep thinking she's in Fame, and a bunch of water is going to get dumped on her any minute." Does that mean I'm hot?? Or just pathetically posing in an 80's sort of way? Either way, they noticed me, and that means I will cheese it up for all its worth. Did I mention I'm front and center? "Fame!"

2 comments:

mingle said...

You ARE hot! In an 80's sort of way. I'm looking for leg warmers and a headband.

Manoa Missy said...

And don't forget that graceful, swan-like necks are very sexy.

Way to go with the blogging. You may just inspire me to put a new post up (it's only been 10 weeks or so since my last one...)

Either that, or start dancing...