Monday, June 05, 2006

The Anniversary Trip

"Dear Mr. Mingle,
Thank you for taking me to New York for our anniversary."

This was the note I wrote to Mr. Mingle about 2 months ago when I found out he was planning a surprise four-night trip to celebrate our first year anniversary. I put my note in a sealed envelope and planned to give it to him after he told me where we were going. About 2 weeks ago he disclosed another bit of info: “Technically, we don’t need our passports for where we are going, but it would be helpful.” I knew he wasn’t trying to feed me bogus information because it all made sense with other things that he had said recently. At that point, I threw my New York guess out the window and wrote another note which I then sealed for later viewing:

"Dear Mr. Mingle,
Thank you for taking me on an amazing trip to Mexico."

It was also after this conversation that I tried to weasel a little more info out of him – you see, it was very important for me to know whether or not I needed to go shopping for “cute" clothes. i.e. Were we headed to the tropics or Canada? He confirmed that it might be nice to buy some “cute clothes” so I promptly went out shopping, which led to my whirlwind day last Monday.

At this time I would also like to point out that one day, when Mr. Mingle was rushing off to work on a Saturday morning, he said, “Listen, I accidentally left some anniversary trip info on my dresser – please don’t look.” Normally, I would not rifle through the stuff on his dresser, but now that I knew something was there…it was ooh..soo… tempting. However, except for using my secret x-ray vision to try to look through the pile on the dresser without actually touching it – I did not look. I WAS HOME ALL FRIGGIN’ DAY WALKING BY HIS DRESSER BUT I DID NOT LOOK. Not that it was torture or anything.


This past Saturday was the big revealing of our anniversary trip. He made dinner reservations at the restaurant where we got engaged and told me that we are going to…

drum roll please…

Cabo San Lucas!

We are leaving on Thursday and I can’t wait! My Mexico guess was accurate, however considering I’ve never been anywhere other then Ensenada Mexico, anything was still going to be a surprise. Now that I know where we are going, I am even more excited and wish we could leave NOW. However, my shopping is not yet complete…I still need to buy a swimsuit and sunglasses. After all, what more will I need in Cabo??

2 comments:

sactownkid said...

Yay, sounds fun! I hope you have a fantastic anniversary. Time flies by!!

Manoa Missy said...

yes, frosty beverages, tropical waters, thoughtful husband...with your new shades and swim wear, you are sure to have a fabulous time.