Monday, June 23, 2008

RE: Mingle's Reply to Mingle's Earlier Blog RE: Bad Email Etiquette...

You may think I'm kidding, but here's yet one more today:

From one of my employees to MD: Attached is my Travel Auth request for [travel to] Metaire, LA. Please review and approve it.
MD Reply: Tough duty going to NO
Mingle Reply to MD Reply: I take it this means "approved" in MD language? ;)
(if you can't beat him, join him when it comes to using the infamous wink)
MD Reply to Reply: Of course ;o}
(The infamous wink above forces MD to up his game with one better)


But after all I've written about MD emails, he is actually not the one that takes the cake around here. The one that drives me to my last nerve and back when it comes to email etiquette, is the sales guy Nemo, who thinks the Subject line is where you are supposed to make all of your changes.
Many emails had gone back and forth about this one customer's invoice, and this was the final question from MD:

"Nemo: Is this what you need?" (He even used punctuation!!!)
Nemo's Subject Line on his reply (with nothing in the body): "RE: T-Bank Fee Schedule-Nemo's Reply to Mingle re all up front-Nemo's Further Reply to Mingle -Nemo's Reply to Accounting -Nemo's Reply to MD Yes"

Oh, honestly - what is wrong with these people??

No comments: