Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Short. Attention. Span.

Sometimes I feel like I'm suffering from ADD with all the emails, IM, phone calls and breaks in conversation I get at work. I'm constantly having to jump from one topic to another and by the time I get back to the original topic, it's difficult to remember what I was doing in the first place.

Now I'm staying in a hotel convenient for business travelers like myself and I think they have developed their marketing campaign for people exactly like me. Everything, and I do mean everything is broken down to a few words and a period - beginning at the door:

hello.
we're happy you are here.
relax.
enjoy your stay.
some like it hot.
some like it cold.
check out the new Hampton bed.
freshen please.
thought pad.
shampoo.
conditioner.
pillows by hampton. firm.
clean your face.
working.
clean your body.
vanity kit.

As I look around the other bathroom products, my eyes land on my new hair gel. In one place where I'm not distracted by conversations, IM, emails and the phone - the bathroom - I can look over at this one bottle which reads:

Bumble and Bumble. Bumble and Bumble. Bumble and bumble. Bumble
Curl Conscious Curl Conscious.
Curl Creme Curl Creme Curl
Creme a Boucles Creme a Boucles Cre
For Fine to Medium Hair For Fine to Medium Hair For Fine to Medium
Cheveux Fins a Moyens Cheveux Fins a Moyens Cheve
Belle Du Jour
Baby Doll Botticelli Muse Nordic Angel English
Wavy Woman


all on one bottle.
no joke.

No comments: