Friday, May 12, 2006

A Poem About Yesterday

As I sit here at this hotel on Fisherman's Wharf
it is a beautiful day.
Outside.
Inside, there are no windows, just long tables and chairs.
One man speaks for hours about something I do not know.
They let us out for lunch which is nice.
Good food, sat in the sun.
But then they said, "Come back in now."
There was no caffeine to keep me awake, only water,
and the bathroom is hard to get to.
I wait for a break
and write a poem called
Mingle at the Argonaut.


This was just one of many things I amused myself with as I attended a seminar in the city about something that meant nothing to me. It was all about upgrading some application that I don't use to begin with. If I found myself dozing I would concentrate for 5 minutes at a time and write down every random quote that I could. I'll share some with you so you can share in my 'fun' of yesterday...

"eurobucket"
"A concept that we call existing on or after"
"If I double-click into Avon, I have the Johnson family and the Smith family"
"Drill into the concentration percentage"
"Basically the answer is no."
"As you know, I don't have to click refresh everytime, because you can set it to refresh at any interval you choose, but I'm going to push it."
"What does test class really mean?"
"I don't have nearly enough time to walk through the enhancements or ease of use items in the new version." (And yet he was still able to talk for hours)

Sigh....I'm happy the weekend is here.

3 comments:

Manoa Missy said...

snaps to you for a way fun blog:)

i dig it, ya hear?

sactownkid said...

that sounds....so....awful.....

glad you managed to find a way to entertain yourself (and we get to benefit, too!). Great poem.

Swiss Miss said...

I love your strategy for staying awake... I will definitely have to give it a try next time I find myself dozing in French class.

Of course, this has yet to happen because I spend my entire time in class in a state of perpetual fear and/or anticipation as to when I have to speak again. C'est la vive!